12/04/2010

placecards for holiday gathering


This is something I'm very excited about and so pleased with the results. Our local Bridal Consultants Association is having its gathering at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. This has to be one of the top rated Inns in America. Absolutely gorgeous!
So, in my continual attempts to break into the wedding industry, I volunteered to make place cards for the 20 some attendees. With only two days to work on this, I was thrilled to come up with a simple design that I think will be remembered.
I cut the trees out with one of those scrapbookers machines, painted the gold stars and hand flourished the names and some detail work. I can not wait to see these at a formal table at the GPI and get some photos for my portfolio.

4 comments:

j said...

Those are very cute and elegant. I think they would also look nice as Christmas cards.

I've been visiting your blog for a while now and I have to say you just keep getting better and better. :)

Linda said...

Catherine,

These are a wonderful idea and beautifully done.

Linda E.

Jane Farr said...

Lovely place cards Catherine. I have very fond memories of staying at the Grove Park Inn over the holidays many years ago. It was beautiful!

Dara said...

Beautiful! Did you use Canson paper? The gold looks good too. Pointed pen or some other great tool?