Fabric & Paper


I grabbed the opportunity to take a workshop at Random Arts in Saluda, NC. This group of artists use a lot of fun techniques to alter stuff, collage and go wild. It has been sometime since I've had time to play around with this type of artwork, but I do love it! I always find it a creative design puzzle. Playing around with color, placement, texture and meaning. My piece will be a gift for my husband - shhhh! Hopefully a surprise for Christmas - not sure who will be more surprised (probably me that I completed it!) Any who, the workshop was a great day to get into a different place.
Thanks to the instructor Carol Sloan
Thanks to the host with the most, Jane at Random Arts!
A little bit of info on the piece: it is a memory quilt of my husband's years in the Lutheran ministry. There are four spaces with photos from the four churches he has served. The center contains a cross from his grandmother's bible. Each square has a touch of red, Christ's blood. The top right is a photo from ordination - the two of us way back when. The ribbon is to indicate the red stole he received on that occasion. The first square is an image of Martin Luther from a chocolate candy wrapper from Germany! There are a lot of interesting touches like that in each square. FYI.

But now it is time to get back to work! Yes, I have a paying job for calligraphy :) Now that my wonderful twins have time off of school I have a deadline to meet. I'll post images once I get the committee to agree on the piece.